He is here! Cale Douglas Hansen joined the family at 8:54am on April 14, 2010. Cale weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz and was 21.5 inches long. (Just a little guy!) :-)
The story goes like this: Josh and I had just finished grilling for dinner and were just ready to relax and watch TV at home on a normal Tuesday night. Josh had just gone downstairs to watch Lost when I told him that I thought my water had broke. I called the doctor and they said that I had to go in and be checked. So we grabbed our stuff and headed for the hospital. We got there around 845pm and by 11pm we were in our room and they had started me on pitocin. (I was only dilated to a 1 when we arrived.) YIKES! Things really got under way once the pit got going. My contractions were really strong and pretty close together from the get-go. I labored all night and was finally fully dilated around 710am and had a baby about 2 hours later! (Josh later figured that we hadn't slept in about 40+hours because neither one of us got a wink of sleep once this whole process began!) Surprisingly, the night seemed to go pretty fast...(I can say that now!) Just seems so strange that everything was just as normal as can be and 13 hours later we had a baby!
We are so glad he is here are trying to settle in to a routine at home! He is a really good baby so far! Sleeps well, eats pretty well (when he doesn't fall asleep!) and is really starting to be awake more and look around which is fun! My mom has been here with us to help us get settled in and we cant thank her and all the rest of our family and friends enough for all the kind words and gestures! We certainly appreciate everything!
Here are a few pictures of our new little bundle!!

Congrats again! I was so glad I got to see you and meet him! Hope everyone is doing well! Enjoy him!
ReplyDelete