Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am a bad blogger!!

I will try and be better at posting updates about our little man!

Where does the time go? Cale will be 4 weeks old this week! I will back up a little bit and fill you in on some of his past stats and things we have been up to!

At his 2 week check up he weighed 8 lbs 12oz and was 22 1/4 inches long. He hadn't gained any weight from the week prior when we took him in for a weight check so we had to start giving him an ounce in a bottle after I fed him each time...so...I was feeding him, pumping and then giving him a bottle! It was sure a long process but it must have helped because later that week we took him back and he weighed 8 lbs 15oz, and the beginning of the next week he weighed 9 lbs 2.5 oz. He has started eating a lot better since then...he was falling asleep a lot when eating so I think that was part of the problem! Growing like a weed now!

We have ventured out of the house to run some errands, do a little shopping and even eat out a couple times. He has been a champ. Grandma Kathy, Cale and I headed to Denison on Friday to watch Bailey run in her track meet. This was Cale's longest road trip so far and he did really well. He didn't get to see her run though...it was VERY windy and way too cold to get him out of the car so mom and I took turns staying in the car with him. Aunt Shaila saved the day and eventually got brave and drove the car back past where all the buses were parked and we were able to see the track and watch from the car!

Over the past 3 weeks Cale has met a lot of friends and family. Everyone has been so generous and we appreciate everything everyone has done for us! We are so lucky to have such great people in our lives!! We especially want to thank Grandma Kathy for staying with us when we came home from the hospital. This really helped us settle in to a routine and get use to being a family of 3...sorry Waylon...4!

Here are some photos from the past 3 weeks. 1 month photos to come this week!







1 comment:

  1. He is just adorable!! :) I'm trying to figure out who he looks like...in some pictures he looks just like Josh..in others he looks like you!! Love him!

    ReplyDelete