Here is the story!
We went to a fund raiser here in town and I was feeding Cale and he spit a bite out instantly, which is rare. I didn't think anything of it, and we went about our day. That evening I noticed that Cale was not taking his pacifier and not eating especially well, again rare! When he opened his mouth there was a huge "blister" on the middle of his tongue! The only thing I could think of was that bite he took and spit out burnt his tongue! Well the spot grew to about the size of a dime...just red and raw...yuck! Poor guy. It was so painful! Since I thought it was a burn, I took him to daycare Monday and when I picked him up we headed to Glenwood to meet Mr. Bennett Kenkel. We planned to stay the night and spend all day Tuesday with Josie, Bennett and Kori. Well...Tuesday morning I got a message from Cale's daycare teacher and she said that one of Cale's little friends had HFMD! Well, instantly made me feel better because that meant I didn't burn my child's mouth...but also sent me instantly into panic mode! We had just exposed a 2 year old and a 10 day old to the very contagious HFMD...GREAT! Thanks for having us Kori and Mike...by the way, you have time to deal with this terrible virus! Needless to say, we packed up right then and headed out so our time was cut very short! Thank goodness little Bennett didn't get it, Kori's pediatrician said it was quite uncommon for children under 6 months to get it...phew, however Miss Josie did get a spot in her mouth! Darn! So...we battled this sore in his mouth for about a week. There was one good thing that came out of this week full of sleepless nights, no eating or drinking and Tylenol and Motrin...the paci is GONE! That's right! If you are struggling to get rid of a paci parents...expose your kid to HFMD! (Just kidding...I don't wish that on my worst enemy!) But ever since the sore appeared, Cale has not wanted anything to do with the paci. I tried handing it to him, putting it in bed with him, forcing it in his mouth...nope. Doesn't want it! So they are all packed up and stored away! Just like that! :-)
So, on to the haircut! Josh finally said that it was time for a hair cut. Yes, you read correctly, JOSH said it was time for a hair cut. He wouldn't let me cut it because he liked the longer look on him. Well, when we were inching close to mullet stage he finally agreed to let me take him in to get it cut! I will admit, I was a little uneasy on the way to the salon, but it turned out really cute! He looks like a little boy now! Time sure flies! Here are a couple pictures!
| The "before"...YIKES! |
| Having a sucker while getting his big boy hair cut! |
| Goodbye curls! |
No comments:
Post a Comment